Sunday, February 19, 2012

Assistive Technology in the Classroom

Reading through this week assigned articles, I realized how little I know about assistive technology. hopefully, I will learn as much as possible about AT during this semester and will set to look for a training program to help me gain more knowledge and skills in using assistive technology in my classroom, I want to be prepared for any students that I might get that will benefit from AT and want to be knowledgeable enough to help that child learn. In the matter of few days I already read about and learned about many available gadgets that help children with special needs; however I don't just want to know about these gadgets, I want to be able to implement them and to know where to get them when they are needed.

Have you taken a course that trained you on AT? If yes, was it informational and would you suggest it for others?

1 comment:

  1. Lilit,

    Based on this week's discussion, it seems like many of us general educators do not have much training on assistive technology. I believe that if it weren't for these graduate classes, we wouldn't have this exposure. My question is-- what about all the other teachers who aren't taking these courses? I believe our school systems need to take more of a proactive role in educating us about options.

    Kate

    ReplyDelete