Sunday, February 5, 2012

I can say this is my first experience with blogging. My brother is very active in political arena and has a blog which he updates daily. I visited it only when he sent me the link and asked me to read his post. I probably did that 3 times in the last year. So, that was my only encounter with blogs. Now that I have created my own blog, I can see how it makes sharing ideas and thoughts more accessible.  Truthfully, it did not take long to create my own blog. After reading the assigned chapters and getting warmed up with the idea of having a blog of my own, I looked at some examples, played with a few templates, and came up with my very own first blog J. As I mentioned, making the blog wasn’t hard, however, I am still having issues with figuring out RSS feed. For some reason, my blog dashboard does not look anything like the ones in the “Setting up your RSS tutorials”. I have tried everything and cannot figure it out. If you have an idea on what am I doing wrong, please let me know.  

5 comments:

  1. Try doing this...
    Go to the dashboard.
    Click settings.
    Go to design.
    Click "add a gadget."
    Find "blog list" or "feed." (I use blog list.)

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the step-be step directions. The problem is that there is no "settings" button on my dashboard.

      Delete
  2. Lilit,

    Did you do a separate blog list for each group member? When you edit the blog list, you can click on add members and then that way they're all compiled into one list.

    I'm not sure if it's my eyes, but it's hard to read the white text on the dark red background. I think it's too much of a contrast. Other than that, everything looks great so far!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lilit,
    Your blog list looks great! :)
    Kate

    ReplyDelete